Junior Baseball is primarily for 4th and 5th graders. Players will be introduced to a higher level of baseball. Rules are set up to allow for more realistic play while still allowing for an instructional game. Some modified rules include;
- Players are allowed to pitch one inning in a game.
- Once the pitcher has pitched 4 called balls, the batter's coach then throws 3 pitches and the batter must put the ball into play or they are called out.
- Players are allowed to steal one base per batter, but home is closed to stealing.
- No player shall sit out more than 2 innings per game except in case of injury.
- Junior teams also play teams formed through the Coralville and Solon Recreation Departments.
- Junior teams participate in the NLCBS tournament at the end of the season.
Week of April 4th- Week of April 18th: practice only
Week of April 25th- Week of May 23rd: games begin
Week of May 30th- Mid-Season Break
Week of June 6th- Week of June 13th: games continued
Week of June 20th- Week of June 27th: End of the Season Tourney
Did you know that NLCBS provides scholarships for youth to participate, we firmly believe everyone gets to play.
Funds for scholarships are provided through local sponsorship and donations from participants just like you, every dollar helps! If you would like to make a tax deductible financial contribution please contact firstname.lastname@example.org today!